Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Matt Taylor leaves St. Patrick for Fleming County

After three seasons as the boys basketball coach at St. Patrick, Matt Taylor is leaving to become the boys basketball coach at Fleming County.

Taylor says he's excited about the new job, but "heavy-hearted" about leaving St. Patrick. "You're kinda closing some chapters, then you're opening up some new ones, and, you know, hopefully we can keep our paths crossed and I keep these relationships that I've built because I wouldn't be who I am without St. Patrick."

Taylor says he wants to put together a plan that "will position Fleming County to hang banners every year, that's kinda the goal, and I think we can make that happen."

 St. Patrick was 34-52 under Taylor. The Saints' win total increased each year from 7 to 13 to 14.

Taylor also coached tennis and boys soccer at St. Patrick.

He succeeds Lamont Taylor who resigned after two seasons as Fleming County's head coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment