Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Tyler Lippert signs with EKU

Mason County senior Tyler Lippert verbally committed in December to play golf at Eastern Kentucky University, and today he made it official by signing a letter of intent with the Colonels.

"It seemed like it took forever from the day I committed to now," Lippert said. 

Lippert said he liked how close EKU is to home. He had visited Western Kentucky University in October.

"I wanted to go somewhere where I knew I wasn't going to be guaranteed a spot right away," Lippert said. "I wanted to go somewhere where I was forced to work and get better and become a better player."

Lippert fired a school-record seven-under par 29 at Cynthiana Country Club last September. A week later he finished with three straight birdies to win the 8th Region Tournament. 

He led the Royals to a third place finish in the 2015 state tournament. 

Lippert played in six state tournaments and made the cut in three. He had two consecutive top 10 finishes in the state tournament. He was the 8th Region Golfer of the Year two straight years and was named First Team All-State two consecutive years.

"If there's anyone deserving of signing a Division I letter of intent to go play college golf based on his academic and athletic prowess it's Mr. Tyler Lippert," former Mason County boys golf coach Brad Cox said.

As for a major, Lippert said "Probably something in business; I haven't really decided yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment