Thursday, April 07, 2016

Shelby Sloan signs to play volleyball at St. Catharine College

St. Patrick senior Shelby Sloan signed this morning to play volleyball at St. Catharine College in Springfield, Ky.

"I've never really thought it was possible for me to make it to a college sport," Sloan said. "It was on my bucket list along with some other stuff."

Sloan plans to pursue a double major in Studio Art and Psychology.

She played volleyball at St. Patrick for seven season including three seasons on the varsity team.

"I'm really happy for Shelby, I'm proud of Shelby," St. Patrick coach Chuck Hamilton said. "We had our ups and downs over the years, but this is a huge up for Shelby."

Hamilton said the highlight of the season was rallying from a two games to none deficit to beat Mason County in the district tournament. 

"Shelby was (a) big part of that," Hamilton said. "Proud of her, proud of the team, lets keep it going, I want to see more girls going to college."

St. Catharine College coach Lauryn Hyman said Sloan is the second recruit she has signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment