Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Briana McNutt signs with Thomas More College

Briana McNutt, a member of the Mason County Lady Royals' 1,000 point club, thought her playing days were over as she planned to attend the University of Kentucky, but a visit to Thomas More College changed her mind.

McNutt signed today to play basketball for the Saints. She plans to study nursing.

"I went on a tour at Thomas More because the coach text me, and I just really like it a lot," McNutt said. "I was surprised at how much I liked it, so I thought I should give it a try and see where it takes me."

Another Mason County senior, Maddie Boone, signed with Thomas More in March. McNutt said that wasn't a major factor in her decision, but she said Boone "being there is also a great thing" because they've been friends since preschool, and they are going to room together.

McNutt had 1,043 points, 692 rebounds and 195 assists in her career.

She led the Lady Royals in field goal percentage, free throw percentage and rebounds this past season.

McNutt was named Second Team All-Region and was named to the 10th Region Tournament and Carolina Invitational Tournament all-tournament teams.

"She is a fantastic person," Mason County coach Brad Cox said. "Thomas More is getting another steal in my opinion."


No comments:

Post a Comment