Monday, February 06, 2017

Jordan Frodge signs to play golf at Georgetown College

Mason County senior Jordan Frodge is a multi-sport athlete, but golf will be her sport in college.

Frodge, who plays basketball and golf and is member of the cross country and indoor and outdoor track and field teams, signed with Georgetown College today.

"I walked on the campus and it just felt like home," Frodge said. "I loved the Athletic Training program that they have which is what I'm going to major in, and I just loved just the atmosphere that the college gave." 

Frodge said it was tough decision at first not to play basketball in college, "but the more I thought about it, I mean I can't play with another group of girls that are better than what I have now for basketball especially. I mean I've been with a lot of them since second grade, and I couldn't play with another group of girls."

Mason County golf coach John Arn said in addition to being a standout athlete, Frodge is "one of the top, top students in the school, just an extraordinary person from a great family."

Arn said Frodge was "our glue of our team; she kept the chemistry just perfect, always."

The Lady Royals finished eighth in the state golf tournament the last two seasons. 

Arn added that the sky is the limit for Frodge when she focuses on golf in college.

First-year Georgetown College coach Marlene Nall Schulte attended the signing.

"From the first moment that I met Jordan, it was the easiest decision- that I knew I really wanted her on the team," Schulte said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment