Thursday, November 10, 2016

Whitney O'Mara signs with Bellarmine University

Mason County senior Whitney O'Mara signed today to play basketball at Bellarmine University, an NCAA Division 2 school in Louisville.

"I really like the coaches, you know, I've known them for awhile," O'Mara said. "I met the teammates when I went up there for the official visit and they all seemed like I will get along with them pretty well. And, I don't know, I just feel like it will be a really good fit whenever I go up their next year and I feel like I will have playing time."

O'Mara scored her 1,000th career point last season. She also has 350 career rebounds and 155 career assists.

"That's very, very impressive she has already has those numbers with one year left to play," Mason County coach Brad Cox said. "And that all comes back to her and her family's commitment to hard work during the season (and) in the summer AAU circuit."

Bellarmine is a member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference. Last season, the Knights earned a berth in the NCAA Division 2 Tournament for the first time since 2008.

Former Mason County standout Shannon Litton is an assistant coach at Bellarmine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment