- Mason County, coming off a 21-15 victory over Scott, will try to win consecutive wins for the first time since September 26 and October 3, 2014.
- This is Mason County's third straight road game. The final four games of the regular seasons are at home.
- Bourbon County is 1-4, but the Colonels have played a tough schedule with losses to Rockcastle County (38-7), Madison Central (15-0), Madison Southern (35-7) and Paintsville (17-16). Bourbon County defeated Clark County 25-9 last week.
- This is Bourbon County's district opener and it's Homecoming.
- The Colonels have used three quarterbacks- Kenton Edwards, Austen Hamelback and Trevor Lucky. Lucky has completed 41 of 69 passes for 459 yards and six touchdowns. Edwards, a transfer from Madison Central, has completed 26 of 54 passes for 204 yards.
- Titus Ransom is the Colonels' top receiver with 37 receptions for 350 yards and four touchdowns.
- Adam Renfro is Bourbon County's leading rusher with 219 yards and two touchdowns on 37 carries.
- Bourbon County leads the series 8-4. The Colonels have won three straight over the Royals including 30-14 last season after Mason County led 14-0 at halftime.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
Royals head to Paris to play the Bourbon County Colonels
The Mason County Royals will be looking to go 2-0 in the district when they travel to Paris Friday night to play the Bourbon County Colonels. Here are a few fast facts: