- Mason County is coming off an open date. The Royals lost to North Laurel 28-10 in London in two weeks ago.
- The Royals went 0-4 in district games last season.
- Scott routed Newport 56-16 in the third game of the season. The Eagles have lost lopsided games to Newport Central Catholic (47-21), Dixie Heights (34-7), Conner (60-8) and Holy Cross (27-0).
- Scott junior quarterback Nelson Perrin has not played in the Eagles' last two games due to an injury.
- In the first three games of the season, Perrin rushed for 206 yards and three touchdowns, and passed for 178 yards and four touchdowns.
- Mason County leads the series 4-3. The Eagles defeated the Royals 43-7 last year.
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Mason Co. at Scott in district opener
The 1-3 Mason County Royals play the 1-4 Scott Eagles Friday night in Taylor Mill in the district opener for both teams. Kickoff is at 7 p.m. Here are a few fast facts: