Friday, April 17, 2015

Jonathan Thomas is the new football coach at Mason County

Former player and longtime assistant coach Jonathan Thomas was promoted to head coach at Mason County today. Thomas, a 2000 graduate of Mason County, has been an assistant coach for 12 years. He succeeds David Buchanan who resigned after 19 seasons as the Mason County coach to become head coach at Mercer County.
      "My biggest reason for coaching is to give back to our guys the experience and opportunities I got from playing high school football at Mason County," Thomas said.
      The number of football players at Mason County has dropped in recent years. Thomas says he wants to create some excitement in the football program.
     "I want people to see the style that we play. I want us to get the ball to our kids. Offensively, I want us to hopefully put up a lot of numbers, you know, spreading the ball around, letting our guys do their thing," Thomas said. "And I'm hoping that people will see what we do and be excited by that."


No comments:

Post a Comment