Here is the latest on the local professional and college basketball and football players:
- Chris Lofton scored nine points in his first regular season game in the NBA D-League. Lofton also had five rebounds and four steals as the Iowa Energy defeated the Dakota Wizards 113-92 Friday night in Bismark. The same two teams play tonight in Des Moines;
- Darius Miller had a big game in Kentucky's 79-48 rout of Portland Friday night. Miller scored 15 points, grabbed five rebounds and dished out four assists. He also had a career high five steals and four blocks. Miller was 6-of-7 from the field including 3-of-4 on three pointers;
- Trevor Setty hit three three-pointers and scored 16 points as Pikeville College improved to 4-1 with an 87-61 victory over Alice Lloyd College Friday night;
- Central State University senior guard Wesley Jones scored 14 points in the Marauders' 76-72 season-opening win over Lincoln University Nov. 13. Jones scored four points and had five rebounds, one assist and one steal in CSU's 70-53 loss to Wayne State University Tuesday night;
- Stephen Howell had one carry for five yards in his Senior Day game and Centre College beat defeated LaGrange College 48-7 Nov. 13. Howell was injured most of his senior season;
- Chris Marshall played in nine games for Ohio Wesleyan this season. He rushed for 100 yards on 36 carries. He also had six receptions for 38 yards.