Friday, April 06, 2007

New UK Coach Wants to Meet High School Coaches

New University of Kentucky men's basketball coach Billy Gillispie says he can't wait to meet every high school coach in Kentucky.
Gillispie comes to UK after three seasons at Texas A and M.
"I've been a high school coach, and I think that I really relate well with high school coaches," Gillispie said today at his press conference.
"Our liveblood is recruiting and I'm going to spend as many hours a day as we can recruiting. I think that people really respect a guy that has come from a high school background."
Gillispie said he never thought he would be anything other than a high school basketball coach.
Gillispie says he wants to get as many home-grown players as he can who can compete for a national championship.
I wonder how long it will be before Gillispie comes to Maysville to meet Mason County coach Chris O'Hearn and Mason County junior Darius Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment