Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It's Official Lofton Staying at UT for Senior Year

Chris Lofton made it official today-he's staying at the University of Tennessee for his senior season. The university released the following statements from Lofton and UT basketball coach Bruce Pearl.

Lofton:

After reviewing my draft status, I have decided to remain at the University of Tennessee for my senior year. According to the information that we received from the NBA draft advisory committee I was not guaranteed to be selected in the first round of this year's draft. Because of this, I have decided not to submit my name for the draft. I appreciate all of Coach (Bruce) Pearl's guidance throughout this process. Coming back for my senior year will give me the opportunity to work on my game so I can become a better player. There are also a lot of things that we can accomplish here as a team.

Pearl:

After doing good diligence and research, it was determined that Chris would most likely be picked in the second round of the draft. We've been told that this is one of the deeper and better drafts in the last 10 years. That, along with Chris's desire to graduate and be a first team All-America, were enough for him to return for his senior year. Chris has made tremendous progress with his game in each of the last two years. There is no doubt in my mind that he will continue to work hard to accomplish his goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment