Monday, April 09, 2007

Deron Feldhaus' Thoughts on New UK Coach

I talked to Kentucky Unforgettable Deron Feldhaus today about new Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie. Feldhaus says he thinks "it's a good hire."
Feldhaus says he wanted fellow Unforgettable John Phelphrey as his first pick. (Phelphrey was named as Arkansas' new coach today.) "But I knew he would be a longshot at Kentucky," Feldhaus said. "And definitely Billy Donovan since I played for him, but everything you hear about coach Gillispie- I think he works really hard and recruits and hopefully everything will turn out."
Feldhaus' two older brothers are high school basketball coaches, and Gillispie says he wants to meet every high school coach.
Feldhaus says he thinks that's a good thing to help get some players from Kentucky.
"I think is does mean a little bit more to them playing at the University of Kentucky," Feldhaus said.

No comments:

Post a Comment